Sweet Potato Curry
A lovely simple, nourishing curry that you can cook on the stove, in the oven or using the slow cooker. Takes only 40 mins to produce a lovely, hearty meal.
- Medium sweet potato (diced)
- Similar amount of pumpkin (diced)
- Large carrot (grated)
- 2 onions (diced finely)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6cm chunk of fresh ginger (chopped finely)
- 2cm fresh turmeric (or 1tsp powder)
- Can coconut milk
- ½ - 3/4 litre of chicken or veggie stock
- 250gms yellow split peas (or red lentils)
- ½ lime (or lemon)
- 4 handfuls of chopped spinach
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- Chicken breast (optional)
- Bring heavy bottomed pot to boil with stock and coconut milk.
- Add diced and grated veggies and peas/lentils. Simmer.
- Sautee onion 5 mins until soft. Add ginger, garlic and turmeric and cook 2 more minutes.
- If adding chicken chop and fry with onion.
- Add to heavy bottomed pan.
- Cook until veggies soft (approx. 40 minutes)
- Add juice of lime/lemon and spinach.
- Cook until spinach wilted
- Serve with fresh coriander