Cooking with Kids
It's amazing for me as I get to work whilst they toil in the kitchen. It's great for them as it means I have time to play chauffeur/entertainer/referee as I don't need to cook.
From a longer term point of view it's beneficial as:
1. When they leave home they will be able to cook for themselves (if our kids can't cook what do they eat?)
2. They are learning all sorts of valuable life skills from reading recipes to damage control to cleaning up after themselves.
3. Cooking is really, really rewarding. Making food and serving it to a family is so empowering. Getting lots of positive feedback makes them feel amazing.
4. They have a true appreciation of what goes into making a meal in terms of time, energy and skills.
5. When they cook they get more of a say in what we have (hence burgers!!)
Here's Max prepping onions as he wanted to caramelise them to go with his burger. There were a lot of salad items plus fried eggs to accompany the burgers. The rolls were sourdough ones I'd made previously and had in the freezer.