Many parents don't ask for help. Why?
Parents are often reluctant to seek help when it comes to fussy eating. Why? There are many reasons but these are the most common (and our answers):
1. My child will grow out of it – sometimes yes, sometimes no.
2. I feel really guilty – we all carry so much guilt as parents. Leave that aside, we know that many kids are pre-disposed to selective eating so assigning “fault” is not productive. However, doing something about it makes us feel so much better.
3. I’ve tried everything and nothing works – there are often ways to approach eating with tried and tested strategies that do yield results.
4. My child is so selective nothing will work – we work with super selective eaters and do see progress.
5. My child has sensory issues – we do work with children who have additional needs and have good results.
6. I’ve been told by everyone it’s just a phase – many children do go through “fussy” stages. However, many are stuck with the same foods for years so it’s not a “phase”.
7. I don’t have the time or the energy – learning how to feed the kids takes away the stress, the frustrations and over time saves so much time.
8. I was fussy as a child so it’s not surprising my kids are – possibly. However, instead of accepting this as destiny why not intervene and teach them to eat well?
We can teach you to teach your kids to eat well.
We’re offering a complimentary consultation during May. Get in quick and arrange a call to evaluate your child’s situation and get a professional opinion on whether further action is necessary.