So (and the irony is not wasted on me) the lady who spends countless happy hours creating food art from fruit and veg prepares very bog standard looking lunchboxes!
I do not have the pretty boxes with all the little compartments to beautifully present every last morsel. But what I do have is:
- Nutritious meals – every day.
- Food that is soooo quick and simple to pack.
- Lunches that sustain my boys from their big breakfast to their big dinner in the evening.
- Vibrant colours that provide a variety of tastes, textures and nutrients and that can be eaten quickly and easily (busy boys).
- Different foods every day of the week.
- A pot of 5 types of chopped veggies (we always have raw veggies for lunch)
- A pot of fruit – who doesn’t like apricots and cherries – yum!
- Home-made yogurt with fermented blueberries (which the boys love). I have frozen it in deference to the weather so it’s a squeezy popsicle.
- A piece of fresh corn. Gotta be done!
- A thermos with fish and roast potatoes (leftovers from the evening meal)